The best choice when you want to study,
work or settle in the UK

PTE is accepted by 99% of UK universities and for all UK visa and immigration applications. Whether you want to study, work or live in the UK, you can choose PTE.

You can choose to take the PTE Academic test in one of our UK test centers or in any of our 250+ global test centers. If you require a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for your visa then you will need to take the test at a center that offers PTE Academic for UK Visas & Immigration.

If you require a UK family visa or are applying for settlement then you may need to take our new test PTE Home. Use our test finder below to check which test you need.

To find out more about UK visa english language requirements visit our UK visa page or the website.

PTE Academic

For applications to UK Higher Education Institutions that accept PTE Academic (degree level or above only)

PTE Academic UKVI

For all UK visas that require a 4 skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening) Secure English Language Test.

PTE Home

For all UK visas that require a 2 skills (speaking and listening) Secure English Language Test

Explore more of PTE Academic

Learn about the test's three parts.

Learn more

Choose from a range of preparation packages to get ready...

Learn more

Make sure you do your best on test day.

Learn more