Fast English test results in Thailand for study and work abroad
Achieve your dream of studying or living abroad with PTE Academic.
- Our scores are accepted by education institutions in Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, Singapore, Germany and more.
- Approved for all types of visas in Australia and New Zealand.
- Get results typically within 5 business days.
- Take your test in Thailand or in any of our +250 global test center network.
Fast results mean you can get your application in sooner and pursue your dream. Use the preparation material available to familiarise yourself with the test and make a booking in one of our test centers in Thailand.
In Thailand test sessions are generally available every month, depending on the city. Additional test sessions are made available based on demand.
About the test
To complete a PTE Academic test, you will need to attend a secure Pearson test center. You will use a computer and a headset to listen to, read and respond to questions.
During the three-hour test session, there will be three main parts to the test: speaking and writing (together), listening and reading. There are twenty different question formats, ranging from multiple choice to essay writing and interpreting information.
PTE Academic assesses real-life, academic English, so you will hear excerpts from lectures and view graphs and charts. You will hear a range of accents in the test, from British and American to non-native speakers, so you will be exposed to the type of accents you will encounter in everyday life.
Part 1: Speaking & Writing (77 – 93 minutes)
- Personal introduction
- Read aloud
- Repeat sentence
- Describe image
- Re-tell lecture
- Answer short question
- Summarize written text
- Essay (20 mins)
Part 2: Reading (32 – 41 minutes)
- Multiple choice, choose single answer
- Multiple choice, choose multiple answers
- Re-order paragraphs
- Reading: Fill in the blanks
- Reading & writing: Fill in the blanks
Part 3: Listening (45 – 57 minutes)
- Summarize spoken text
- Multiple choice, choose multiple answer
- Fill in the blanks
- Highlight correct summary
- Multiple choice, choose single answer
- Select missing word
- Highlight incorrect words
- Write from dictation
You need to prepare
All test takers should prepare for PTE Academic because lack of preparation affects your performance on the day.
Give yourself the best chance of performing well on the day by using the range of test preparation resources available to you.
- Learn about the 20 question types you have to answer
- Find a test preparation provider near you (delete if none local)
- Prepare using a range of official coursebooks
- Check you are ready for the full test with a PTE Academic Scored Practice test
- Read the Test Taker Handbook in language
On test day
PTE Academic is taken at a secure test center, where you will need to show your ID, check in with the Test Administrator, and sit your test in a secure computer room.
When you arrive at the Pearson test center our Test Center Administrators will guide you through our check-in process to make sure you understand and are comfortable with our rules and procedures.
They will request copies of your ID, ask for a digital photograph and signature, scan your palm, assign you a locker to check-in your belongings, and ensure you are ready for your test.
During the test
Most PTE Academic test centers have around 10 seats. You will be sitting in a partitioned booth with other test takers around you so you may be able to hear your neighbors speak as they take their test, but you will be responding to slightly different questions.
During the test, you will have a QWERTY keyboard, if you are not used to this type of keyboard it may help to practice.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before your test, to check in and pass security.
- Don’t forget to bring acceptable ID, usually a passport. View the full list of acceptable ID.
After your test
Access your score
PTE Academic scores are accessed via an online account. You will receive an email notifying you once your scores are available. After you receive this, you will need to log in to the Pearson VUE account that you created to book your test.
- Phone: 0044-161- 855-7431 (Toll number)
- Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM GMT.
- Closed on UK holidays.
- Ask a question
Find a test center
There are PTE Academic test centers around the world. Find test centers and prices using the drop-down menu below.
Where can I go?
Search the full list of institutions that accept PTE Academic or browse by country/region.