PTE Academic UKVI
PTE Academic UKVI is a Secure English Language Test (SELT) that is approved by the UK Home Office for all UK visas that require a 4 skill language test. It is a fast, fair and convenient choice for anyone who wishes to work, study or come to live in the UK.
There is no difference between PTE Academic and PTE Academic UKVI in terms of test content and format. Instead, there are minor differences in the registration process to comply with UK Home Office requirements.
Read below to confirm which test you need to take.
You should choose PTE Academic UKVI if:
- You are applying for a Student route visa (formerly known as the Tier 4 General student visa) and you are planning to study below degree level (e.g. a Foundation or Pathways course or professional English course).
- You wish to study at degree level or above at somewhere that is not a Higher Education Institution (HEI)
You may take PTE Academic instead if:
- You are applying for a Student route visa (formerly known as the Tier 4 General student visa) and are planning to study at degree level or above. Please check with your Higher Education Institution (HEI) to confirm their specific English requirements.
You should choose PTE Academic UKVI if you are applying for the following Work visas:
- Start-up visa
- Innovator visa
- Skilled worker visa (formerly known as the Tier 2 General work visa)
- Minister of religion visa (Tier 2)
If you want to apply for a Sportsperson (Tier 2) or Representative of an Overseas Business visa please see PTE Home A1.
Why choose PTE Academic UKVI?
Results typically available within just 48 hours of taking the test.
UK Home Office approved for all family and settlement visas.
Schedule tests up to 24 hours in advance, 365 days a year.
Computer-based testing and marking means you are assessed objectively and consistently.