At the virtual launch, Ozhan Toktas, Pearson’s MD for Africa and the Middle East, said “PTE is strategically important on our vision to help people progress in their lives. We provide an opportunity for people to realize their dreams of study, work, or live in their countries or in a different country. English language skills, an international certification of these skills are undoubtedly a very crucial step in people’s employability and life journeys. And we are proud to be able to provide that with PTE.”
Sir Dominick Chilcott, British Ambassador to Turkey, said “Education has the power to transform lives; whether that means access to a great job opportunity or just the courage to advance in a different direction. The UK government understand this power and that is why we are working at every level here in Turkey to increase access to quality education, whether here or in the UK.” and added that PTE is a great addition to the options available for those applying for work visas and for students planning to go to the UK in support of their higher education.
Tests are delivered through the Pearson VUE test center network, currently available in two Test Centers in Istanbul. Pearson VUE’s network of test centers have implemented proactive health and safety measures including, but not limited to, readily available hand sanitizer, increased sanitization in high touch areas, and disinfected testing workstations (completed between each test taker) to support the safety of testing candidates and staff. Face masks are required at all Pearson VUE-owned test centers.
Pearson’s Secure English Language Tests (SELT) are focused on immigration requirements and the details are as follows:
- PTE Academic (UKVI) – a four-skills language test accepted for work and study visas. It tests Speaking, Writing, Reading, and Listening skills.
- PTE Home – a two-skills language test accepted for family, settlement, citizenship applications as well as Sportsperson and Representative of an Overseas Business applications. It tests Speaking and Listening skills.
PTE Academic is one of the fastest-growing products in Pearson and is a strategic growth priority for the company, posting 17% growth in test volumes last year. The test is already accepted by the Australian and New Zealand Governments for all visa applications. It is also accepted by 100% of Australian, New Zealand, and Irish universities and 99% of UK universities.
Note to Editors:
- Pearson is the world’s learning company with more than 22,500 employees operating in 70 countries. We provide content, assessment, and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments, and other partners globally. We are committed to helping equip learners with the skills they need to enhance their employability prospects and to succeed in the changing world of work. We believe that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. For more information, please visit www.pearson.com
- More information on PTE can be found here
- PTE Home is a new, computer-based English test that supports individuals, families, and communities wishing to live, work, or stay in the UK on their journey from arrival to settlement. Results are typically available within 48 hours, reducing the stress that can be associated with a long wait for results
- Pearson VUE has been a pioneer in the computer-based testing industry for decades, delivering more than 16 million certification and licensure exams annually in every industry from academia and admissions to IT and healthcare. We are the global leaders in developing and delivering high-stakes exams via the world’s most comprehensive network of nearly 20,000 test centers as well as online testing in over 180 countries. Our leadership in the assessment industry is a result of our collaborative partnerships with a broad range of clients, from leading technology firms to government and regulatory agencies. For more information, please click here
- Pearson VUE continues to monitor the situation and make decisions about test center operations in accordance with government and local authorities. Please check this page for frequent updates
- Under the UK Home Office commercial agreements Pearson will deliver a) SELT tests for those already in the UK, b) SELT tests for those in the rest of the world
- For more information on the UK Home Office Visa and Immigration process as well as the other test providers, please click here