Egypt, April 1st, 2021: On April 1st, 2021, Pearson-the world’s learning company, hosted a virtual launch of its PTE Secure English Language Test (SELT) at Misr University of Science and Technology, 6th of October City, Giza. These tests have been approved by the UK Home Office and are used for UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) purposes.
Ozhan Toktas, Managing Director at Pearson Middle East and Africa said: “Taking PTE is a seamless online experience. From booking a test up to 24 hours in advance to sitting the exam in 3 hours and getting your results back on average within 1.5 days. Most importantly it is a true reflection of one’s language ability and we are excited that people in Egypt can now take PTE to help them come to the UK to live, work or study.”
Sir Geoffrey Adams, British Ambassador to Egypt, said: “Many congratulations to Pearson for their virtual launch for the PTE Academic UKVI, Secure English Language Test. Education truly has the power to transform lives, which is why we are working at every level here in Egypt to increase access to quality education. It is great to see how Pearson has also been contributing to this cause – now with the launch of this new test, which will help more people to gain work and student visas and access a world-class education in the UK. The UK hosts the second largest number of international higher education students in the world, many of whom are Egyptian. PTE is a great addition to the options available for these students, and we look forward to strengthening our educational partnership with Egypt still further.”
Tests are delivered through the Pearson VUE test center network. Pearson VUE’s network of test centers have implemented proactive health and safety measures including, but not limited to, readily available hand sanitiser, increased sanitisation in high touch areas, and disinfected testing workstations (completed between each test-taker) to support the safety of testing candidates and staff. Face masks are required at all Pearson VUE-owned test centers.
This new location brings Pearson’s worldwide total of UKVI approved locations to over 190. Pearson’s SELT tests are focused on immigration requirements and the details are as follows:
- PTE Academic (UKVI) – a four-skills language test accepted for work and study visas. It tests Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening skills.
- PTE Home – a two-skills language test accepted for family, settlement, citizenship applications as well as Sportsperson and Representative of an Overseas Business applications. It tests Speaking and Listening skills.
PTE Academic is one of the fastest-growing products in Pearson and is a strategic growth priority for the company, posting 17% growth in test volumes in 2019, before the pandemic. The test is already accepted by the UK, Australian and New Zealand Governments for all visa applications. It is also accepted by 100% of Australian, New Zealand and Irish universities and 99% of UK universities.
Note to Editors:
- Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com
- More information on PTE can be found at https://pearsonpte.com/
- PTE Home is a new, computer-based English test that supports individuals, families, and communities wishing to live, work or stay in the UK on their journey from arrival to settlement. Results are typically available within 48 hours, reducing the stress that can be associated with a long wait for results.
- Pearson VUE has been a pioneer in the computer-based testing industry for decades, delivering more than 16 million certification and licensure exams annually in every industry from academia and admissions to IT and healthcare. We are the global leaders in developing and delivering high-stakes exams via the world’s most comprehensive network of nearly 20,000 test centers as well as online testing in over 180 countries. Our leadership in the assessment industry is a result of our collaborative partnerships with a broad range of clients, from leading technology firms to government and regulatory agencies. For more information, please visit https://home.pearsonvue.com/
- Pearson VUE continues to monitor the situation and make decisions about test center operations in accordance with government and local authorities. Please check this page for frequent updates: https://home.pearsonvue.com/coronavirus-update
- Under the UK Home Office commercial agreements Pearson will deliver a) SELT tests for those already in the UK, b) SELT tests for those in the rest of the world.
- For more information on the UK Home Office Visa and Immigration process as well as the other test providers, click here.