Although Covid-19 has impacted the number of international students traveling to Canada this year, the country continues to be the most popular study abroad destination for students from India. The Canadian government is doing everything it can to support international students as they start their education in the country, while still adhering to the covid safety guidelines.
The Indo-Canadian Business Chamber (ICBC) a non-profit organization recognized by the High Commission of Canada in India, recently hosted a webinar that focused on Canadian Immigration, Study Permits, Global Mobility and English Assessment.
They were joined by two experts in this area, including Pearson’s Freya Thomas Monk, Senior Vice President of English Assessment, and Mr. Stephen Green, Managing Partner at Green & Spiegel an established Canadian immigration law firm.
In this webinar, you will learn about Canada’s Covid-19 policy updates, how PTE can support students in India study in Canada, and insights on global mobility trends post-Covid.
The main topics discussed are outlined below and there is a helpful questions and answers section towards the end of the webinar. The webinar will be of interest to international students studying or planning to study in Canada and agents or professionals working in the education sector.
- Canada’s COVID-19 policy updates – The latest travel restrictions, border regulations for international students traveling to the country, and general information processing updates.
- Study permits – How to maintain your student status in order to remain in Canada on a study permit and requirements to continue progress towards completing your program.
- Maintaining temporary status – How to obtain your post-graduate work permit (PGWP), requirements, and eligibility for international students unable to study in-person in Canada due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- PTE Academic and agents – Learn about the Pearson Global Learning survey findings, the impact of covid, and trends in global mobility.
- Student mobility trends – Freya discusses student mobility trends in India through a post-Covid-19 lens and the outlook for Canada in the coming year.
- Take PTE in India to study in Canada – Discover how PTE can support students in India study in Canada, IRCC recognizes PTE for general visa applications to study and Canadian universities and institutions that accept PTE.
Please keep in mind, updates in Canada’s immigration policy can change. For the latest information and official updates, please visit the official Canadian government website