PTE Academic measures your English ability by testing your level of English through tasks which reflect real-life settings.
PTE Academic is 3 hours long and is split into timed parts. When the time is up on the section, the test will move on automatically.
There are 20 different types of task. Some tasks will test intergrated skills (e.g. reading AND speaking).
- Introduction: untimed
We ask you to introduce yourself. This section is not assessed.
- Speaking and writing: 77 – 93 minutes
- Reading: 32 – 41 minutes
- Break: 10 minutes
The break is optional.
- Listening: 45 – 57 minutes
The timings shown are variable. The test will always last 3 hours in total.
- You can register online for the test 48 hours in advance
- You must visit a Pearson test center to take the test of English
- There are test centers worldwide
Find a test center and register now
- We deliver results typically within 5 working days
- Keep checking your account for scores and we will also email you when your scores are available
- You login to your account to view your scores
- Send them to institutions via your account
PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide paper scores.